Processing of personal data
The protection of your personal data (any information about you that you provide us when using the site, for example when you create a user account, such as your name, your contact information, ...) is a priority of the Innovation for Policy Foundation. We therefore take every precaution to ensure that no unauthorized third party has access.
We only use your data to operate the platform and have no strategy to reuse or sell your data: thus, we do not sell the data of our learners, and do not give any access to third parties other than our service providers (except to the authorities or institutions producing the toolkit -which themselves do not have the right to reuse them without your agreement for other purposes-). Without activity on your part, we will delete your identifying data after 5 years.
Within the framework of our missions, among which the co-creation of public policy and the transformation of the entrepreneurial ecosystem, we can also give access to researchers to certain data of use of the platform: in this case, these are entirely pseudonymised.
By accessing or registering on this site, you consent to and accept that the information collected about you may be processed under the following conditions:
- the controller for the processing of personal data is the Innovation for Policy Foundation, registered at 2nd Floor, The Axis, 26 Bank Street, Cybercity, Ebene, 72201, Mauritius, represented by its Managing Director, Jonathan Stever;
- the personal data collected is as follows:
- identifying data (at least username, full name, email address, nationality, organization, role);
- usage data, which relate to your use of the site's services: raw data (IP address, operating system, activity on the site, etc.), corresponding to your use of the site's functionalities (eg learning modes of the learners, order of pages visited, control of the user interface, ...).
- data collection is carried out in order to:
- to allow access and registration to the toolkit broadcast on the site, and to send you information on the activity of the platform (updates on the toolkit and courses or other events, to communicate about products or services of the site or affiliates, to send you emails about the maintenance of the site);
- to allow trainings to be followed, participation in educational activities and assessments, the issuance of certificates and / or certificates;
- As an accessory, usage data can be used:
- to enable The Foundation to offer, administer and improve trainings and learning materials;
- to track the progress and completion of the training and to analyze statistics on learner performance and how they learn;
- to detect breaches of the user's charter, how to use the site as well as fraudulent uses or the potential to maintain and improve the operation and security of the site and our software, systems and networks.
- Pseudonymized, they can be used:
- to help improve the offer of the Foundation globally, personalize the experience and evaluate the accessibility and impact of toolkit in the international policy making community;
- to publish information, always pseudonymized, collected on access, use, impact and performance of learners.
- The recipients of the identifying data are the Foundation, as well as, for the only data necessary for their activity, its subcontractors (for hosting and user support in particular) whose activity is governed by contracts, and actors of the exploitation of the data, to accelerate the digital transformation of the initial trainings). Note, incidentally, that your own activity is likely to transmit data to other learners, for example if you share personal information as part of a training.
- Your data is kept for a maximum of five years after your last activity on the site, then will be anonymized. In case of remote monitoring, the data transmitted to the subcontractor is retained for a period of six weeks (for video, photo and audio recordings) to one year for identification and contact data, prior to destruction.
- You have the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your data by contacting us. You also have the right to ask us for access to your data, their correction or erasure, as well as a limitation of this data, or their portability. You have the right to set specific instructions for storing, deleting, and communicating your data after your death. You also have the right to submit a complaint to the The Foundation supervisory authority.
Security of Your Personal Data
The security of Your Personal Data is important to Us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect Your Personal Data, We cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Certain data is collected by using cookies (small text files saved by your web browser onto your computer, in which personal information is stored about you and your page activity, which can be consulted by the Site).
A cookie does not make it possible for us to identify you. Generally speaking, it records information about your computer’s browsing activity on our Site (the pages that you have visited, the date and time of your visit, etc.), which we can read during subsequent visits. That is, it contains information that you have supplied. As a result, during your next visit, there is no need for you to fill out the form that is presented at the onset.
Links to other websites
User Names and Postings
Comments or other information posted by you to our forums, wikis, or other areas of the Site designed for public communications may be viewed and downloaded by others who visit the Site For this reason, we encourage you to use discretion when deciding whether to post to those forums (or to other public or course-wide areas) any information that can be used to identify you.